Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Only in the West


So, today I was wrapping a present at my dining room table and I looked up, out my front window when I saw three HUGE Bison running down the road in front of my house. Yes, I said Bison, like buffalo.
So, I pretty much panicked. Several of our neighbors have horses, one has goats and the neighbor two houses down raises buffalo. He trains cutting horses and uses them when they are young and then they keep them for the meat. So the last ones they got are well fed and very "healthy". So I see these three bad boys running past my house and I ran all over my house looking for my neighbor's phone number. Before I could find it I saw him running down the road along with another neighbor and a dog. I went out to see if I could help, although a little reluctant to try to herd buffalo. So I call from the middle of the road "can I help?" she yells "Clear the road" so I turn and run for my house, just as the dog turns the buffalo around and YIPES they are running full bore straight down the road in my direction. I was not a great help watching from behind my screen door as they ran back in to their yard. I guess someone borrowed a tractor and left the gate open so the buffs went on a field trip... past my house. I didn't get a picture of the incident, so I walked down to their pature to take a picture.

6 comments:

The Dilg Clan said...

of course this would happen to you!! I can't imagine having a real live buffalo run full on towards me!! And how on earth were you supposed to clear the street? Oh the crazy happenings there!:)

Whitney said...

Peggy,

It has been fun to read your blog. I'm glad we are keeping in contact. That is a HUGE Buffalo. I guess you never know what tomorrow brings. Who would have thought you'd see that roaming the neighborhood.

Allen and Heather Luke said...

Woah! A Buffalo! You are a crazy, wild woman- Sara's right, go figure this would happen to you. Love ya!

Amber said...

that is a funny story! That's why blogs are so nice....we can remember these random things that happen in our everyday lives!

Travis Kay said...

Just thought I'd drop you a line...looks like you got sucked into the blogging trend too. Thanks for stopping by our blog, its always fun to see who is following up on us. Your family looks well, say HI to all of them and if we don't bump into you, have a wonderful holiday season!
Travis Kay

Polaris said...

MOM! you can't run out beefalo! Although all my friends are probably pretty jealous that they weren't part of the escapade...
(they still dont believe we have buffalo neighbors)

Family Reunion 08

Family Reunion 08
Once again I made everybody pose for a picture! They'll thank me one day!

Spa Day!

Spa Day!
Eliza had gone too long without a pedicure, we had to fix that!

Grandma's feather bed

Grandma's feather bed
We had to make grandma stop jumping on the bed with the great grandkids!